Chairman: Mr. Dave McLaughlin
Vice-Chairman: Mr. Ron Thompson
Secretary: Mrs. Ashley Berger
Treasurer: Mrs. Kim Kuechenmeister
Financial Secretary: Mrs. Betty Reinke
BOARD OF ELDERS– consists of six (6) Trinity Lutheran Members. Chairman is Mr. Marlyn Schumacher, Mr. David Meyer, Mr. Jeff Jensen, Mr. Myron Mueller, Mr. Peter Steinke, and Mr. Troy Kuechenmeister
With the LORD’S guidance, through prayer and intercession, it is the mission of the Elders to oversee the spiritual and social welfare of the congregants and pastor; oversee that the Divine Service and Sacraments are administered in an orderly fashion; and through appropriate behavior and conversation be an example of Christian conduct.
BOARD OF STEWARDSHIP—Consists of three (3) Trinity Lutheran Members: Chairman Mr. Gary Voegtli, Mrs. Becky Block and Mr. Larry Benkowski
Our board helps the church in the following ways—
1. Discover and encourage the use of members’ talents in the work of the congregation.
2. Consider, plan and direct a Gospel motivated stewardship education for the
3. Provide education in the grace of proportionate giving for God’s work in our
congregation and Synod.
4. Facilitate an annual budget.
5. Evaluate gifts offered by the congregation.
6. Inform the congregation of our opportunities to reach out into the world through
District and Synod Missions.
7. Plan an annual Mission Sunday in the congregation for the purpose of world
BOARD OF EVANGELISM—consists of three (3) Trinity Lutheran Members: Chairman,, Mr. Greg Streich, Mr. Jeff Conrad and Mrs. Fawna Berger.
The purpose of the Board of Evangelism is to reach out to church and community members with
the message of salvation by Grace through faith in Christ. These are some of the
ways we reach out to members and our community.
1. We have a booth at Lakeside Park during Ortonville’s annual Cornfest Event.
2. We also have a parade unit that we enter at Ortonville’s annual Cornfest Event.
3. We have a booth set up at the annual Sports and Leisure Show.
4. We have a booth set up at the annual Big Stone County Fair in Clinton, MN.
5. We put many tracts and other information out to the community at these events and
they are also located in the church entryway.
BOARD OF EDUCATION—consists of three (3) Trinity Lutheran Members: Chairman Mr. Erick Klepel, Mrs. Brittany Heck and Gabe Berger
The Board of Education meets on a monthly basis and it carries out the principal role of liaison between the congregation and the needed requirements set forth by Trinity Lutheran. These opportunities in the Christian Educational field are designed to further enhance Christian learning and to provide a solid foundation of God’s Word in the members of Trinity Lutheran. As members of God’s invisible church here on earth we are called to “sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 1 Peter 3:5”
It is with this role in mind that the Board of Education moves to organize, manage and supervise educational activities – all done with the abiding consent of the Voter’s Assembly.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES—consists of three (3) Trinity Lutheran Members: Chairman Mr. Ed Vollmer, Mr. Joshua Berger and Mr. Ron Schumacher
Administ: Chairer all property of the congregation including:
- Make contracts and loans
- Receive grants and bequests
- Sign contracts
Annual inspection of the church, parsonage, equipment and recommend to Voters’ Assembly needed repairs, improvements, or replacements. Check all property for fire and other hazards twice a year.
Conduct annual inventory of all church properties and include acquisition and approximate value of each item.
Hire custodial help and property manager, annually review job descriptions and salaries.
Determine regulations of use of church property and equipment, including policies and fees
Supervise the orderly maintenance of all property and equipment.
Annually check adequacy of all insurance for church property and equipment and negotiate insurance contracts.
Enlist work crews for special repairs, arrange for immediate repairs for which budget and funds have been allocated, obtain legal information for consideration of contracts, deed, and the like.